Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Starting Date: January 31, 2015
About Teach For Ghana
In Ghana, where children are born determines the kind of education they’ll receive and, ultimately, their options in life. Their place of birth and geographical location predisposes them to educational iniquities. These iniquities affect individuals, our communities, and our larger society. They contribute to higher unemployment, weaken our economy, engender youth delinquency as well as perpetuate the vicious cycle of poverty in Ghana.
We are a solution driven non-profit organization. We work with like-minded people and organizations towards a day where every child has the education they are entitled to. We train people with leadership potential to be inspirational teachers in schools in low-income communities across the country. These leaders go on to work in schools and other sectors of society towards our vision: a future where no child's educational success is limited by their socio-economic background.
The Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation (RSM) team seeks a highly motivated, persuasive individual with a desire to build relationships at Ghanaian universities. You will adopt a sales and marketing approach to compel talented individuals to apply to the Teach For Ghana Leadership Development Program and build a movement at different university campuses to ensure Teach For Ghana delivers 15,000 Fellows to our initial 3 regions of operation (Northern, Volta and Ashanti regions) by 2020.
Team Overview The Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation team is responsible for all activities pertaining to the marketing as well as identification, recruitment, selection and matriculation of candidates who have the potential to be highly effective teachers and leaders. Meeting these objectives will require the team to create and maintain partnerships with universities, and colleges to ensure smooth operations of Fellow recruitment and selection.
• Build a strong brand on campus for Teach For Ghana – expertly and knowledgably promoting the Teach For Ghana Leadership Development Programme to students, finalists, and recent graduates from target universities
• Identify key talent at assigned universities and influence good quality candidates to engage with Teach For Ghana’s vision by leading and running events on campus and nationally
• Establish, foster and maintain added value relationships with important diverse networks at assigned universities including STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) as well as social/cultural societies on campus through clear communication plans which engage key stakeholders with Teach For Ghana’s vision
• Maintain candidate contact through the recruitment process in line with guidelines set by the Selection team
• Cultivate potential talent and incoming participants through events, a high volume of regular telephone calls and meetings, using persuasive techniques and relationship management skills
• Build a sense of community within the incoming cohort through events and relationship management
• Manage teams of brand managers at university campuses, providing feedback on their operation as required
• Build a Teach For Ghana movement across first and second year talent pools at target universities to ensure sustainable future growth of the organization
• Manage budget for assigned universities and maintain detailed records of campus activity
You will be line managed by the Manager of Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation (RSM) and work as part of the same team alongside the Training, Support and Impact and Alumni Impact teams.
• Bachelor’s degree (essential)
• Results-driven and goal-orientated with a drive to exceed aspirational targets
• Exceptional relationship-building skills; the ability to establish effective working relationships with people of all working styles, backgrounds, industry-experience, etc.
• Excellent persuasive communication, compelling presentation skills and the ability to articulate the vision passionately
• Creativity and innovation to devise solutions to effectively market the Leadership Development Programme
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied workload
• Self-starter with initiative, confidence, drive, and flexibility to deal with unexpected situations or last- minute changes in a dynamic organization
• A good team player who is willing to take the lead on projects and also has the ability to work under their own initiative to meet deadlines
• Ability to analyze data, draw accurate conclusions and devise/implement solutions
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (and ability to develop working knowledge of Teach For Ghana’s management information systems)
• Knowledge and preferably experience of Ghanaian Universities (type & education system)
• Knowledge of the Ghanaian graduate market
• Strong commitment to the Teach For Ghana vision and mission; and a strong belief in your capacity to make a positive impact towards them
You can be based in any of our regional locations, including Greater Accra, Ashanti, Volta or Northern regions.
Please note that evening (and occasionally weekend) work will be required to deliver an effective recruitment campaign. This will include significant travel to designated universities, which could be anywhere in Ghana, on a weekly basis during university term time with residential stays where necessary.
Private medical insurance.
Visa fee, foreign ID card, work permit, return flight, relocation package.
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org demonstrating what attracts you to Teach For Ghana and how you meet the competencies on the job description above.
We aim to provide feedback to all applications within 10 working days from the closing date. If successful, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre in the week commencing XXXXX. This is a great opportunity to meet your future colleagues and understand more about role of a Recruitment Associate. More information about what to expect at the assessment centre will be provided nearer the time. We strongly advise upon making an early application.
If you have any queries regarding your application, or would like more information about becoming an Associate please do not hesitate to contact the HR team directly by emailing email@example.com